Search


Curacho's (B)Day

July 05, 2009. On this day, I thought I'd gonna be a little luckier than Curacha. Sad it didn’t happen......

It's my B-day, read: bland, boring, not big. I woke up 6 in the morning and I headed straight to the bathroom. I've done all the rituals in 20 minutes. I checked for any messages from anyone. It was so frustrating no one even seemed to care about this day. Suddenly I remembered I don’t have a phone! Kalas! Then I opened my only present, a jumbo Sticko,



After 3 sticks, I was all dressed up. Office was just 5 minutes away. I have no plans for the day and everything felt so ordinary. There was no excitement while I was walking. I was too pre-occupied bearing with the 40 degrees outside morning temperature.


Barely a month old in my job, I needed all the time in the world to perform my tasks and serve my customers as effectively as possible. I couldn't miss a thing, and being a neophyte wasn't a excuse to make mistakes. Half day past, I forgot t'was my b-day. Came lunch, I treated my officemates at an adjacent Pinoy restaurant.

Soon as I sat back on my desk, I became an epitome of a workaholic, typing, calculating, emailing, answering calls, printing reports, explaning to boss, reimbursing employees and so on and so forth. The sun kissed Dubai goodnight without even reminding me it was my b-day. So did I.

I came home past 9 in the evening just wanting to lay my tired body and mind to sleep. But I remembered it was b-day, So, I went to a nearby KFC and finished in finger lickin 3 pieces of orginal flavored chicken. 20 minutes more and I was dead dreaming I was having a happy b-day.

0 comments: